This week, Mark Waterfield preached the third sermon in our series ‘Dare to be Different’ from the book of 1 Peter on the call on our lives to live differently as Christians.
‘Call’, ‘calling’, and ‘called’ are recurring themes in 1 Peter.
Three types of calling
- Eternal call of Christ
- Temporary call to an assignment
- Daily call to a different standard
Three things from 1 Peter 2 about our call to live to a different standard.
- Know who we are in Christ 1 Peter 2:9-10
- Know what we are called to do 1 Peter 2:11-12
- Know why – Jesus (1 Peter 2:21-24)
We are EMPOWERED as Christians to be DIFFERENT