LOOK UP TO GOD (Vs 5)
- The name Mamre means Amorite
- The terebinth trees were an oak grove occupied by tent dwelling Amorites.
- The Biblical meaning of the name Amorite is: Bitter, a rebel, a babbler.
- Living near emotions of rejection, bitterness, complaining spirit, disappointment, failure…
Are you stuck in Mamre?
- Your mind rewinds and replays
- Focus is on the hurt, the failure, the rejection
- Lie in bed thinking, catch
Fix your eyes on Jesus and you can turn the bad place into a good place
LOOK OUT FOR MIRACLES (Vs 5 and 6)
- So shall your offspring be. Abram believed and he credited it to him as righteousness
- It will take nothing less than a miracle for Abram to have just one child leave alone countless ones
- “There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as if everything is.” ~ Albert Einstein
Unless you learn to notice the miracles in the common realities of life, you will never have the appetite to expect greatness or even notice
The invariable mark of wisdom is to see the miraculous in the common” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
LIVE BY HIS PROMISES
When covenants were made in the ancient Near East, certain rites would accompany the agreement in order to signify what would happen if one or both parties failed to live up to their end of the pact.
How do I know God rejoiced? Because God always rejoices when we dare to dream. In fact, we are much like God when we dream. The Master exults in newness. He delights in stretching the old. He wrote the book on making the impossible possible.
God places dreams in our hearts, niggling desires, aspirations that are bigger than us, beyond our capacity but it is there!